MARIANN ILARIA & JOHN STACKELBERG PRESENT
Whispering Oaks Estate - Offered at: - $6,950,000
Whispering Oaks Estate is a magnificent private haven that celebrates its location in the heart of Sonoma County’s Wine Country. Superbly located within the prestigious enclave of Shiloh Estates, it consists of approximately 40 majestic acres of oak woodlands and sun splashed meadows teeming with deer, turkey and other natural wildlife. This timeless backdrop provides the perfect setting for the estate and from the moment you arrive through the gated entry it will charm you! Lush landscaping, a captivating view of Mt. Saint Helena and the soothing sound of water greet you.
The main residence is a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired masterpiece designed by famed Laguna Beach architect Daniel Martinez as a lifelong place for family and friends to gather and savor the good life. Nestled among the stately oaks, the 6150 square foot home is beaming with unrivaled quality and artisan craftsmanship complemented by exquisite grounds and spectacular sweeping vistas of the renowned Russian River Valley. It has graced both the cover of Extraordinary Homes of California and Trends Magazine – a testament to its stunning architecture and exceptional quality.
The home beckons with large yet intimate and inviting rooms that flow effortlessly into one another and to the outdoors with its gracious, expansive terraces and dazzling infinity edge pool which overlook the endless views.
Of the myriad highlights are the great room with its massive fireplace framed by triple sliding glass doors that open to the outdoors, a state of the art gourmet kitchen that would delight any chef, a temperature controlled wine cellar with 1700+ bottle capacity and a luxurious master suite with fireplace and sitting area - a perfect place to relax and relish the sublime views. The estate also includes a 2850 square foot studio built to the same specifications as the main house.
This is the consummate home for Wine Country living and entertaining. No expense has been spared, no detail overlooked.
- Gated & private
- 40+/- rolling, oak studded acres in Shiloh Estates, an exclusive double gated community adjacent to the Mayacama Golf Resort
- Spectacular, expansive views of the Russian River Valley
- Artfully conceived & inspired grounds with multiple outdoor patio areas including a dining loggia, an outdoor fireplace & a vanishing edge pool with spa
- Dramatic landscaping, water features & custom night lighting
- One of seven lots approved for equestrian use
- All underground utilities
- Vineyard potential with up to 28 plantable acres. Full report available upon request.
THE MAIN RESIDENCE
- Single story with 6150+/- square feet
- Frank Lloyd Wright inspired with elements of Green & Green / Arts & Crafts detailing
- Featured on the cover of Extraordinary Homes of California & Trends Magazine
- 4 en suite bedrooms, 4.5 baths
- Grand foyer with dramatic, custom designed & hand crafted front door
- Formal dining room with dumb waiter to the wine cellar below
- Great room with dramatic 20’ high wood burning fireplace, 28 foot tall ceiling and 2 sets of massive triple sliding mahogany clad glass doors that open to a large patio
- Chef’s kitchen with butler’s pantry & adjoining sun room/breakfast room
- 1700+ bottle capacity, climate controlled wine cellar
- Private master suite with fireplace and sitting area
- Guest Wing with 3 en suite bedrooms and an office
- Radiant heat throughout with 3 separate systems
- Four fireplaces
- Central air conditioning with 4 separate systems
- Built-in media entertainment center with 65 inch HD TV & 9 channel surround sound audio visual system
- Security system
- Furnishings & artwork included with some exceptions
- 2850+/- square foot auxiliary building built to the same specifications as the main residence. Currently could be used as an art studio or to house a car collection. With additional permits and with connecting the breezeway to the main house it could be a large guest house.
- Half Bath
- Great room plus 2 additional rooms
- 12 skylights
- Radiant heat & central air
- Large rear patio with great views
- 1 car attached garage
Showings by Appointment Only:
Mariann Ilaria - 707.953.5291
or John Stackelberg - 707.479.4565